Family Math lessons are for the entire family so you strengthen family ties while learning together! These activities help your child to see math as more than just a worksheet by using a growth mindset and incorporating the importance of play and exploration. With engaging questions and open-ended tasks, your child will get excited about mathematics. Family Math activities will promote deeper understanding, number sense, problem-solving, logic, and reasoning. Based upon Jo Boaler’s work in Mindset Mathematics, our Family Math activities help you realize you CAN understand and enjoy mathematics.
Open, creative, and visual math tasks have been shown to improve student test scores, and more importantly, change a student’s relationship with mathematics so they start believing in their own potential. The tasks in CGA Family Math reflect the lessons from Mindset Mathematics. Brain science shows us the following:
- Mistakes, struggles, and challenges are the most important times for brain growth.
- Speed is unimportant in mathematics.
- Mathematics is a visual and beautiful subject, and our brains want to think visually about mathematics.
- There is no such thing as a math person – anyone can learn mathematics to high levels. –Jo Boaler
Family Math combined with an additional paper/pencil or online curriculum creates a comprehensive math plan. This develops individual progression in skills at your student’s ability level while encouraging depth of knowledge with a user-friendly math experience your family can enjoy together.
Complete CGA Math Programs*
- Zearn + Zearn Workbook + CGA Family Math
- Zearn + Zearn Workbook + CGA Family Math + ST Math (supplemental)
- ST Math + Puzzle Talks in Google Classroom + CGA Family Math
- ST Math + Puzzle Talks in Google Classroom + CGA Family Math + Zearn (supplemental)
- Paper Curriculum (i.e. Saxon, Math Mammoth, Math U See) + CGA Family Math + Zearn
- Paper Curriculum (i.e. Saxon, Math Mammoth, Math U See) + CGA Family Math + Google Classroom (Work Uploads)
- Paper Curriculum (i.e. Saxon, Math Mammoth, Math U See) + CGA Family Math + ES Accountability Meetings
*You may use both Zearn and ST Math, with any combination. Zearn uses video direct instruction and ST Math adds in the playfulness of game-based learning.