Site Coordinator –
Aspen Teacher –
Birch Teacher –
Cedar Teacher –
Oak Teacher –
PARENT MEETINGS AND STUDENT EDUCATION PLANS
Educational Specialists serve as a guide and support throughout the education process. Families meet with their Educational Specialist regularly to discuss student as they progress toward their goals. Please keep in mind that this communication with your ES is essential and a requirement for participation in this program. Please show that you value our program by having a truly effective conversation about the academic progress of your student with your Educational Specialist.
At the beginning of the school year, you will create an individualized Student Education Plan (SEP) with your Educational Specialist. Your student’s SEP will outline the curriculum your student will be using and your goals for the school year. In addition you will meet regularly with your ES to collaborate on student academic growth and course completion.
Canyon Grove Academy has a common dress code. The intent of the common dress code is to minimize distractions in the learning environment, promote a sense of community among students, and increase campus safety and security. To keep it simple we have a Canyon Grove Academy T-shirt and sweatshirt available for purchase. This T-shirt and sweatshirt can be worn with jeans in good repair, skirts, leggings, pants, etc. We also want all toes to stay safe! Shoes must cover the entire foot and be worn in and outside the school. Students should not wear hats inside the school, but they can wear hats outside for warmth. CGA T-shirt and sweatshirt are worn by our students at all our school-sponsored activities such as Epic, Discovery, Innovations, field trips, and events. Call the school for more information.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP
Drop-Off: 8:50 am – 9:00 am
- Please encourage your students to be ready to unload, have their materials ready to go, as you enter the lineup of cars.
- Have any last minute instructions or conversations with them BEFORE you get to the curb.
- Once at the curb, please kindly encourage your students to exit your vehicle in a timely manner.
Please ONLY be late if there is a true emergency.
Attendance: If your student misses an Epic Day, please contact your Educational Specialist to excuse their absence.
Pick-Up: 3:15 pm – 3:25 pm
- Please close your door and move away from the curb in an efficient manner so that we can keep the line moving.
- Please visit with your students about their day once you have driven away from the curb.
- We thank you for your assistance in keeping traffic flowing smoothly.
Pick-up Authorization: If someone other than the parent/guardian is picking up, please notify the ES before 2:30 pm.
- Classes will only be cancelled if there is severe weather or another emergency that prohibits teachers and students from safely traveling or meeting together in a healthy environment.
- Parents will be notified via TEXT.
Innovations & Discovery – Tuesday
- PG Thursday
Program Assigned Day Registration Dates Dates of Activity Time Epic Thursday Innovations 1 Tuesday July 31-Aug. 10 Aug. 22-Oct. 10 9:00-11:30 Fall Break No classes Oct. 16-20 Discovery 3 Tuesday Sept. 25-Oct. 9 Oct. 24-Nov. 14 12:15-2:45 Thanksgiving No classes Nov. 21-24 Discovery 4 Tuesday Sept. 25-Oct. 9 Nov. 28-Dec. 19 12:15-2:45 Winter Break No classes Dec. 25-Jan. 5 Innovations 3 Tuesday Nov. 16-Dec. 4 Jan. 9-Feb. 27 9:00-11:30 Discovery 7 Tuesday Feb. 1-Feb. 15 Mar. 5-Apr. 9 12:15-2:45 Break No Discovery classes Mar. 12-15 Spring Break No classes April 1-5 Discovery 8 Tuesday Feb. 1-Feb. 15 Apr. 16-May 7 12:15-2:45