Our leadership studies help students to learn how their brain works, teaches them some learning tricks and even helps students train the brain to work more effectively. Each guidepost is represented through song to help our students remember and take to heart the guideposts and what they represent.
The school mascots Respectful, Responsible and Ready lead the way through our guidepost themes.
I Am Respectful in my words, actions, and relationships
I Am Responsible to do my best and be my best
I Am Ready to work, learn, and grow.
- Seize the Day! – I live mindfully in the present
- Own It! – I am responsible for how I act, no matter how I feel.
- Words Have Power – I think before I speak
- Commit! – I commit to work toward achieving my goals and dreams
- Failure Leads to Success – I learn from my mistakes
- Honesty is the Best Policy – When I have integrity there’s nothing to fear because I have nothing to hide.
- Be Open to Change – My way is not the only way.
- Balance – I develop healthy habits and build healthy relationships.
- Anything is Possible – I can work hard, dream big, and live a wonderful life.
I Show I’m A Leader By Being Respectful, Responsible, and Ready.
Based upon a foundation of literature and using several other tools of learning including biographies, quotations & discussions, mindfulness exercises, Growth Mindset principles, movement, music, and learning games, our students explore each of these statements and look at how they apply them in their lives. We end the year with the final concept: Anything is Possible. I Will Discover & Create My Best Self to launch them into a summer of discovery and fun.