Parents and students need to be aware of certain behavioral standards and agree that the student will
abide by them while on the bus and while waiting to board the bus. While riding the bus the student is
under the full authority of the driver. While waiting for the bus at school, the student is under full
authority of the school and its supervisors.
While waiting for the bus, students will:
1. Wait in line only in the designated areas.
2. Not allow friends to crowd in with them.
3. Understand that a jacket or book bag will not hold their place in line if students prefer to go and play.
4. Respect others by keeping hands and objects to themselves.
5. Speak to one another and the supervisors with respect and kindness. Vulgarity or profanity will not be tolerated.
While on the bus, students will:
1. Respect the authority of the driver and follow directions.
2. Arrive at your bus stop 5-10 minutes before the scheduled stop time—both am and pm routes
3. Do not cross the road until the bus driver signals you to cross.
4. Students must be dressed in school uniform or Discovery Day t-shirts (except for dress down day)
5. Student must ride their assigned bus and may not choose to go on the other bus.
6. Keep hands and feet to themselves, including not throwing any objects.
7. Keep the aisle clear at all times.
8. Keep head, arms, and hands inside the bus at all times
9. Remain seated and facing forward at all times. Do not stand on the bus or move from seat to seat.
10. Use quiet voices only. No loud laughter or disturbing noises will be tolerated.
11. Speak to all students, supervisors and the bus driver with politeness and respect. Vulgarity and/or profanity will not be tolerated.
12. Be kind to other students and not tease or provoke other students to be involved in starting or participating in quarreling or fighting
13. Respect the bus as school property – no vandalism or damaging the bus in any way will be tolerated. Students who damage the bus in any way shall forfeit the right to ride the bus until all damages are paid for.
14. Do not eat any food on the bus. NO FOOD ALLOWED ON THE BUS.
15. Animals, breakable containers, flammable liquids and dangerous objects are prohibited on the bus. No skateboards unless prior arrangements are made.
16. No electronic devices may be used on the bus including ipads, ipods, laptops, etc. The only exception: cell phones may only be used to call parent/guardian if students sit up tall and the bus driver is able to see them making the call. If a problem arises due to cell phone use, the phone will be confiscated. The first time it will be given back while the student departs the bus, the second time it will be given to the office and returned, the third time a parent must come in to get the phone and conference with administration.
17. Any sharing of inappropriate material is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate and permanent loss of bus privileges.
***Disruptive Consequences ***.
Verbal Reminder of the proper behavior expected will be monitored using a bus citation system.
1. First violation will result in a bus citation sent home with student requiring the student and parent signature prior to the student’s next bus ride.
2. Second violation will result in a 1 day suspension from riding the bus.
3. Third violation will result in a 1 week suspension from riding the bus.
4. Fourth violation will result in the student’s suspension from bus riding privileges for the remainder of the school year. When a suspension of bus privileges is issued, there will NOT be any refund of bus fees