Things You Will Need to Know
- Date & Time: School will begin on Monday, August 17th at 8:45am. Parents are welcome to drop their student off at the curb or park in a stall to walk their student in. Please follow the traffic flow indicators in our parking lot. Pick up is at 2:00pm at the red curb. Please line up behind the cones and your student will be brought to the sidewalk. We appreciate it if you load and go quickly to keep traffic moving and visit with your child about their day once you are not at the curb.
- Dresscode: All students should arrive in a Canyon Grove t-shirt and school appropriate pants and shoes. Canyon Grove t-shirts can be ordered here or you can come buy one at the front desk. If you ordered your t-shirt with our previous order, they are here and so cute! You can pick them up at the campus this next week between 10am-2pm.
- Hydration: Students will bring their own water bottle each day to class. Due to our Covid safety requirements our drinking fountains are not to be used.
- Lunch: Please make sure your students bring a cold lunch each day. Lunch will NOT be provided at school.
- All students must wear a face mask. The masks are mandatory, as required by Utah State. If you have further questions about our Covid-19 protocols or our reopening plan, click here.
Adventures Day is a blend of hands-on learning, core instruction, engaged discussion, and individual creative pursuits.We use activities that inspire curiosity and discovery to learn the essential language arts, math, science and history state standards for the year. Each week the class will have valuable literature discussions which correspond with Epic Day topics and they will also engage in Math Talks several times a week to strengthen math reasoning. Each student’s academic path is customized to meet their needs using many programs such as Singapore Math, ST Math, Explode the Code, Lexia, English from the Roots Up, PALS or KPALS, Quickreads, as well as teacher-supported, individual learning projects. Students will enjoy Dance, Music, PE., and Art and even have missions in the Space Center. In the SmartLab, our students explore robotics, software, mechanics, computer graphics, and digital media arts. Lastly, there is the CGA Farm! Everyday students will be working on site with various animals and in the garden to learn about growing food. While you are here, you will want to say hello to the goats right out front, too! They are so friendly! But, please don’t tour the farm without a Canyon Grove Employee.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions.