Canyon Grove is excited to be able to offer busing for our students!
View the Bus Map in Google Maps here
Reasons to ride the bus
- You are supporting the school mission.
- It reduces our shared impact on the environment and Utah Valley air quality.
- It limits the traffic burden we place on local roadways.
It is the safest form of transportation to and from school
- According to the American School Bus Council, riding in a school bus is safer than using any other form of transportation – including personal vehicles.
- Each of our buses meets current safety standards, uses stop arms and has emergency exits.
- Bus driver procedures and student behavior will follow the safety guidelines from the Transportation Policy and the Standards for Utah School Buses and Operations (Utah Administrative Code R277-601).
It saves you money! It saves you time! It is more convenient and there will be lots of incentives!
- Families typically save over $600 a year by riding the bus. According to commuteinfo.org, the cost to commute (for just 3 miles each way) is over $90 a month and over $800 for the school year. Bus fees are only $25 per month.
- You will typically save 15-30 minutes each day vs. commuting.
- It is convenient – your children will arrive in time to eat breakfast at school with their friends and lets you do away with the time and stress of daily pick-up and drop-off traffic.
- Students who ride the bus will receive the same incentives given to carpooling and walking/biking students.
- Many of your child’s friends will be riding the bus.
NWAC link: http://www.advanc-ed.org/